People with Aspergers usually suffer with social difficulties. This can make life unbearable at times, confusing and somewhat a horrid experience. What they experience can sometimes range from any of the following or can be all of the following:
Not being able to make eye contact for a long period of time. Not understanding peoples opinions well.
- They usually argue with their peers, friends, family or strangers. Due to misunderstandings.
- They stuggle to read body language.
- VERY sensitive, people shouting really gets to them.
- They struggle with empathy.
- A tendency to monopolize a conversation and talk only about what interests them.
- Language is interpreted literally and when figures of speech are used in a conversation, they are often not understood. For example, an expression such as,
- They often get lost in a group conversation and find it extremely difficult to sort out who is speaking and follow the different threads of conversation.